Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And just when I thought I actually had a chance.........another bucket of ice water right on my head. After 3 long years in a homeless shelter I actually thought there was a chance at having a life again. I am now getting a monthly social security check, it's not a whole lot but then I have learned to make due with a lot less in the past few years and was ecstatic at the possibility being re-united with my pets in my own place. My wonderful friend has cared for them the past years with very little financial support from me. I was finally able to return to Oregon and with the full intention of getting my life back on track I started looking for a place to live. I figured if my SS check covers my rent and utilities I am able to generate enough income on my own to pay for pet and personal expenses. Made sense to me, I might be in my sixties but I am still capable of finding part time work (even in this economy) and generating income with my internet business. I network where ever I go, yoga classes or yard sales, it does not matter. Back to house hunting..........while finding an affordable place that allows pets is a challenge in itself, it is not the biggest obstacle. The main problem is finding someone that will rent to me with with little credit and rental history. My recent credit history is marginal at best, I have some medical expenses (emergency room and ambulance) when I was injured while at the shelter that went to collection and homeless shelters don't give rental references. Back to being between a rock and a hard spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment