Thursday, November 3, 2011

What does not kill us........

I finally managed to get myself out of the shelter and thanks to a HUD sponsored program was able to move into a residential hotel for women. Having my own room that I could lock and a safe place to sleep (I never felt safe sleeping in a dorm with 40 women)was such a relief. I will be forever grateful to a wonderful lady named Bertha for accepting me into the program, literally giving me a safe haven and thereby enabling me to move forward. It is very difficult to see the big picture ahead when you have to watch your back constantly. My next step is to move back to Oregon and re-claim my beloved pets. I still have my kitties, sadly my dog died while in friend's care and we are both heartbroken about it. But he was 16 years old, was much loved and had a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment