Saturday, July 3, 2010

Let freedom ring!

Well, it is 4th of July weekend and the craziness already started. People are setting of fireworks in the streets and acting goofy. I just came from the park, they close at 10PM and I have to be back at the shelter anyways. I tried to keep people from terrorizing the kitties too much and had some unexpected help from the Park Rangers.   They made a large group (about 30-40) leave the park because they were rowdy and had fireworks and hanging out by the mill, right near the kitty habitat. There are several large flocks of peacocks at the park that are not to fond of loud noise either and of course it has been very hot and dry and no fireworks or sparklers are permitted in the park, neither is alcohol and the ranger were out in force. And those boys did not play. I have seen several of them around the park and they know most of the cat people volunteers, so that worked out well.
Tomorrow a group of volunteers is hosting a BBQ at the shelter, and everyone is really looking forward to that but since I do not eat meat I think I will go to the bookstore or Starbucks and hang out. One of my former classmates (actually the only one that figured out my situation) mailed me a Starbucks gift card, I  helped her with a powerpoint presentation and she aced it, of course.  That was so sweet and thoughtful, she knows I "live" at Starbucks especially since I started to take some on-line classes.
I guess tomorrow morning will be another earth/kitten day with my trash/recycle bags, I know the park will be a mess and the kittens need another bag of food.. Yes, the gloves are in the car already LOL>
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, EVERYBODY!

No comments:

Post a Comment