Thursday, June 24, 2010

29 Gifts

Today I joined a group called “29 Gifts”, well my membership is still pending approval, so I will have to wait.
It's a really cool idea, so check it outhttp://www.29gifts.org/  However I read the concept and I am going to give 29 gifts in 29 days even if they do not approve me.  I truly feel that doing positive things in the community can bring about a positive change. In a homeless shelter one can always use a positive change. People are stressed, on edge and short tempered and even though I am in the single women’s dorm I can see the children suffering.  It would be most helpful to have some counseling or group sessions for children, so they can voice their anxieties and their fears can be addressed.
After joining this group I am making an effort to edit my vision statement, once again!. But maybe I am being too critical and just need to post it and wait for feedback. I have never really shown it to anyone other than a friend and one of my professors, I think both showed bias.LOL.  However I feel very strongly that there has to a solution to homelessness in America, especially for mature women who have contributed to society all of their lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to wait, but we are so glad to have you now!

    ReplyDelete