Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homelessness is everywhere........

Well, I just came across an article on CNN about a lady living in her car with her 2 dogs in Santa Barbara and then it hit me, the article is 2 YEARS old. May 20, 2008. It actually made international headlines.
CA: American Mom Forced to Live in Car With Dogs
Story Highlights
Mother of three grown children says, "This is my life in this car right now"
Santa Barbara, California, allows homeless to sleep in cars in 12 parking lots
Affluent city has seen a rise in homelessness during California's housing crisis
Advocate for homeless: "It's just amazing the people that are becoming homeless"
By Thelma Gutierrez and Wayne Drash
CNN

What really amazed me were the comments below the article, judging this lady for keeping her dogs, condemming her children for not helping, the article only mentions the youngest daughter, age 19, living with friends, so she would not be homeless as well. Even judging her for living in Santa Barbara, well it's where her job was, it's obviously were her youngest daughter went to school.  And as for her dogs, OMG, rip the only comfort she has left from her, why not! Women do not plan for these things to happen, and in this age group it cannot be attributed to wreckless behavior. Bad things can happen in everyones live and the older we get the more difficult it is to recouperate. I think it is amazing how she was able to keep up her spirits and still move forward. Too bad I have not been able to find a follow-up on the story, I could use a happy ending.......... It would give me hope for my future......

No comments:

Post a Comment