Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All my problems are solved!

A couple of days ago I decide to post an ad on craig's list to see if I can get a part time job doing what ever to create some revenue. Well I think every scam artist globally checks Craig's list for people that desperately need jobs. But hey, I think my troubles are finally over. My new best friend from Nigeria is going to send me 28 million dollars and all I have to do is pay for the courier service, a mere $480.00. Just as soon as he gets my money, my 28 million are on the way. Do people actually fall for this........
Then of course there is the ever popular Personal Assistant scam, you get hired by  a company CEO by email, but you will be working for him personally and not the company and get paid $500.00 a week cash. Just send all your personal information and he will pay you 2 weeks salary in advance, only you have to cash his check for 5 or 6 thousand, keep your salary out and wire the rest of the money to some charity or orphanage in India or China.
So I had some comic relief, told all 20 or 30 prospective employers that my IQ was above room temperature (even on a hot day) and that 500.00 a week was not enough for a personal assistant to a CEO of a global company. Several actually upped the ante. How funny!

2 comments:

  1. sadly, some people must go for those scams or else why would they be so prevalent? i love how you played with their minds and they went for it LOL. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was comic relief. I even posted this "disclaimer" on my resume

    Please NO MLM's, NO check cashing or shipping scams, please don’t waste my time and insult my intelligence. I might live in a homeless shelter right now, but my IQ is above room temperature even on a hot day. I need a job, make me an at least semi-legitimate offer, I am willing to work hard and am desperate!
    and I still received nothing but scams, if there was a real job offer I probably missed with the 30+ scam offer I received daily.

    ReplyDelete